BAXI BOILER PROBLEM

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello All
First the basics:-
Boiler is a Baxi, I think the model is WM60/£RS - GC No 41/077/04. Boiler is working - Hot water is very hot, Problem is the radiators - upstairs get hot, only two of the four downstairs get hot. The other two do not warm up. All rads. have been bled until water comes out ( ( in bathroom it was steam not water! ) Boiler has a dial with setting 1 to 6 and 'off' Have set this to 1. Room thermostat is in hall - set to 25c
Questions;-
Why are the two rads. not warming up and how can I rectify this?
This boiler must have a pump?
Could it be the pump is not working as the upstairs rads. warm up first? (When boiler is turned on - no noise suggesting any water being pumped around the system)
If pump is broken , can it be replaced?
Do not have a manual for the boiler and cannot find any info on the internet. I think its quite old - any idea how old ?
Sorry to ramble on but trying to give all the info I can

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.
Steve. :)

Sponsored Links
Boiler is somewhere in the region of 20yrs+ old I think. First check there is water in the system, small tank in loft should have water in it, at least covering outlet.

It is possible the pump is kaputt, upstairs rads will work by a basic gravity circulation. Pump should be a standard fitment, although some SMC pumps can be different widths between the valves. Undo the large screw in the head of the pump, insert a small screwdriver and you may be able to tell if pump is working.

Am a bit concerned about the steam issue from the rad though! Boiler is supposed to heat the water, NOT boil it.....

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back