baxi boiler question need help??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi i got a 6 year old baxi 105 combi boiler,I have boiler cover with british gas,had a problem with the hot water,was only able to get hot water when running the taps very slowley, if running the taps any faster the water just became luke warm.British gas engineer turned up and said it was probally a build up of crap in the heat exchanger i think,he recommened having a magnabooster fitted as this would stop any build up.and that i was not covered by my insurance(what a suprise not!!)I said so my insurance was not worth a toss or words to that effect..that seemed to get is back up!anyway they are coming 2moz to do a one off sonic clean whatever that is,its not a fix but may improve things for abit,also noticed since the engineer has been that when my boiler is turned to heating/hot water setting or just hot water and the thermosat is turned off in the living room so that the heating does not come on,after i have run the hot water tap for afew minutes the radiators are warming up!!!did the engineer stitch me up or iam paranoid,can anybody help

Sponsored Links
had the hot tap on,looking at the boiler the left hand side pipe is hot the one on the right cold (both 22mm)????

right you need a new diaverta vavle do as i said above
looked boiler up and you should get hot water

Sponsored Links
thanks for the feed back mate.the british gas engineer coming 2moz,he should diagnose this fault then?they are doing a sonic clean not sure what that involves??

thanks for the feed back mate.the british gas engineer coming 2moz,he should diagnose this fault then?they are doing a sonic clean not sure what that involves??

have just turned the 2 tabs off,and run it for quite a while,and it seems ok very hot even run flat out??

you need a new diaverta vavle not sonic flush magnacleans are a good idea just show him this tomoro and he will sort out

Is this also related to why the radiators are getting warm even with heating turned off?when the taps have been running the rads been getting hot

yes diaverta vavle is passing heat into the heating pipes causing the hot water to go cooler and rads to get warm

thanks so much for helping me out mate,will mention this 2moz to the engineer,so far all the engineers who have been out for various faults just seem to want to flog you something,rather than fix your fault argggg

yep i hate being tared with that brush to i am one their subbies but magna clean are a good idea as they protect the boiler from sludge build up and no insurance plan protect you from this

they are coming to do a sonic clean 2moz,as a one off but said its a temp fix for the time being,do you know what this is?just hope they dont rubbish what you said 2me mate,but by turning them tabs off hot water was ok

what they proably going to say you need a flush
to check this run heating until shuts down and check the bottom of the rads of to see if they got hot as the top if not then flush may be required but magna clean will surfice if its not coursing you any problems

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back