baxi combi 105e boiler problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, i am a new member and need some advice.
I have a baxi combi 105e boiler. When the heating is on boiler shuts down (but power light stays on) around every twenty seconds. It comes straight back on again automatically so temp goes straight back up. Hot water is working fine, it is just happening when heating is on.
Recently had PCB changed due to another issue so i am hoping this is not going to be another expensive problem to fix??!!

Sponsored Links
It does sound like a PCB or just possibly a sensor fault.

Was it a brand new PCB or a repaired one?

But I dont guess at the cause of faults and only by being at the boiler could diagnose the fault.

Tony

Thanks Tony.
I was told it was a brand new PCB by the fitter
To be honest it is not causing a problem in terms of the heating working as it instantly comes back on automatically but i guess it is only a matter of time before it goes all together

Temp going right up to 80 degree light ? quickly.
There is a filter inthe return isolating valve that will be restricted and needs removed and cleaned

Sponsored Links
Yes, goes straight back up to 80 in seconds.
Is this something i can attempt myself or do i need to get somebody in?
Thanks.

Turn off boiler at all 3 isolating valves underneath.
On right hand side at bottom there is a little white drain off tap so empty boiler into a bowl .
If you use the blow of valve(red) it may not reseat and result in leak.

Then undo the big nut on front of the return valve(righthand one) and remove gauze filter and wash out

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back