baxi combi 105e -Leaking

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

My boiler (baxi combi 105e) has developed a leak and I hoping someone can help me diagnose the fault and point me in the right direction to fixing it. The leak is between the diverter valve and the diverter valve operating head (where the two are joined with a spring clip). – is there a seal between the two that can be replaced? Or is the diverter valve assembly broke?

I replaced the diverter valve two years ago, but can’t remember what the fault was – from memory I think the symptoms were similar to those above…. Any ideas? What sort of warranty should I expect on the diverter value assembly – more than 12 months is probably hopeful?

oh and one further question... i seem to have limesacle deposts around pretty much all of the pipework joints within the boiler.... pressumably this isnt normal! :eek:

Cheers

andrew

Sponsored Links
It sounds like its leaking from the pin were it pushes up and connects the microswitchs to operate your h/water,if that has gone then a diverter valve diapraghm kit may be your best bet.I can only think off one one spriong clip and that is were the pipe pushes in at the back with the small sensing pipe coming off it as well,if it is that pipe then its the by pass and has a rubber washer on it easy to get a 22mm rubber washer,are you talking about that?

It's a straight screw in replacement, costs about a tenner max.

Now sir I am psychlic, you have a 105e INSTANT, don't you!!
Not the same as a 105e.
In which case the two replies above are not for you.

The bit which is leaking, does it if the system's dirty. If you're unlucky, water gets into the motorised head and stuffs that too.

Baxi don't seem to have a part number for just the bit you need. I'd pinch one off something else but can't recommend that to you.
:cry:

Whole brass part is 248727

Sponsored Links
Now sir I am psychlic, you have a 105e INSTANT, don't you!!
Not the same as a 105e.
In which case the two replies above are not for you.

The bit which is leaking, does it if the system's dirty. If you're unlucky, water gets into the motorised head and stuffs that too.

Baxi don't seem to have a part number for just the bit you need. I'd pinch one off something else but can't recommend that to you.
:cry:

Whole brass part is 248727

Thanks for all the replies

Apologies, yes its a combi instant. Been away for the new year and it seems to have got worse, Looks like water has been up through the motor valve as well, and has caused the fuse to blow....

The water is a yellow/brown colour. what’s the best way to flush the system?

Cheers

Andrew

You see we know your boiler better that you do!

Psychlic ( sic ) Chris has sussed out both you and your boiler!

Its in effect the same problem Ruth Sykes probably had with hers too.

Before any boiler is fitted the water should be cleaned. The FAQ section in the forum topic list should give you lots of information but power flushing is the quickest and most expensive method.

Your gland failures is caused by dirt in the water scouring the rubber seal in the gland until it leaks. Unless the water is cleaned that will happen again.

Tony

hahaha cheers.

Just removed the diverter valve, and there seems to be lots of crud everywhere.... think I’ll defo have to follow the flush procedure in the stickies!

IMG_3525.JPG

IMG_3528.JPG

There is also a small assembly that attaches to the top of the diverter valve assembly with a similar pin arrangement. I've noticed that this has some solid residue around the pin and was thinking that it may also be worth swapping this.... anyone have a part number to hand?

IMG_3520.JPG

Cheers

Andrew

From the pictures, it looks like your system is in dire need of cleaning.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back