Baxi Combi 105e

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys,

wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction if poss!

i moved into my house about 18 months ago and have had problems with this boiler, (e.g such as leaking radiators, constant pressure problems (too high, too low etc!) leaking pipes from the bottom of the boiler) ).

the problem now is one that i feel may have to involve a engineer! :cry:

the problem is that when i switch on the CH , I only get hot water :(

it started about 2 days ago when i got a flashing neon indicating "Fault on pump or Low System Pressure". the pressure gauge was showing a big fat 0 so I topped it up with my trusty screwdriver (that's another problem!! the tap that is used to top it up is also knackered and i have to use a screwdriver to slightly crack the screw open to top it up, any suggestions on this also welcome :LOL: !!)

anyhoos, when i had pressure the flashing neon stop and all seemed ok, except when i switch on the CH, the CH neon light doesn't light like it should do! the temperature neons light up as normal tho. I have tried bleeding the radiators but they all still remain stone cold.

is this gonna be an easy problem to solve myself or is it gonna involve an
engineer?

and if it is gonna involve an engineer, what is the cost likely to be? (as don't wanna be getting ripped off!!!)

any advice is GREATLY appreciated

finally conceded defeat

Sponsored Links
finally conceded defeat??? dunno where that came from!!!!

also forgot to mention that now the pressure is rising by itself, even when the boiler is swiched off :eek: , and have just been outside and the overflow pipe is drippin like mad!!

any ideas?!?!

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

oh deary me, how much of a fool do i feel!!!

just been looking at the front of my boiler and noticed that the Timer switch has been set to on, so turned that off and hey presto the CH is now
working!!!

:rolleyes: i'll get me coat...

so that solves the CH problem, any one for the other problems!? (too much pressure, over flow pipe constantly drippin etc!)

Sponsored Links
disconnected?? by that do you mean switched off?
if so then yeah, the tap thingy on it is faulty so i have to use a screwdriver to turn the screw a little, and can hear it filling up, and when the pressure gets to around 1 - 1.5 i close it again

is the tap easy to replace, it just looks like it unscrews of the pipe, or am i just being naive!?

water could be the filler loop not turned off properly, it should be disconnected after filling.

Have you turned the stat to re-set and tried it.

Turn the selector anti clockwise and hold it for 2 secs

We don't know exactly what sort of "filling loop" you've got, may be something like 4a
image1231.gif

or not.
To accord with water regs they are NOT meant to be permanently connected, but most of them are. Quite often the tap(s) on them let water by when they're supposed to be off, which leads to the trouble you have with the pressure relief valve letting the water out when it exceeds 3 bar.

The timer sould be putting the CH on - you say you turned it off to make the CH work??

can't see how to disconnect the filling hose?

the boiler is wall mounted, and the filling loop is attached to the 2 pipes coming out of the floor and not on the actual boiler?

is it possible to replace the tap ? if so, are they easly available?!

will post picture to show ![/img]

can't see how to disconnect the filling hose?

undo one of the nuts at the end of the braided flexible bit. Expect it to leak, in your case!

The nuts usually have "wings" like these:
p1859687_l.jpg

that's right ChrisR, when I turned the timer off the CH started working

here's the loop:

DSC00247.JPG

DSC00247.JPG

Then apart from using plastic pipe far too near a boiler, the installer wired it wrongly!:rolleyes:

ChrisR said:
Then apart from using plastic pipe far too near a boiler, the installer wired it wrongly!:rolleyes:

Yep looks like a Trainee job to me. :cry: :cry:

Hope all that plastic don't blow :rolleyes:

I can see the pics :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back