Baxi Combi 105HE Mystery

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys.

My Maxi Combi Boiler 105HE (which seems to have many problems reading this site) has decided its not going to work.

Every time its cold outside it won't light up, it goes into startup, fan runs, air pressure switch works and then goes into red flashing "flue error" light. I've had the fan pipework apart and checked nothing inside, the air pressure switch can be heard clicking on when the fan spins up but it doesn't fire up, its goes into (flue) error. I have this problem when its cold outside, if its warm it works fine.... HELP!!!

Should i rip it out and replace it with a non Baxi boiler?
British Gas want £210 to do a one time fix to it.
It was installed in 2003 and last serviced in 2007.

Sponsored Links
to add...

Pressure shows just over 1bar presently.

when it used to work it would rise to about 2.3bar.

First port of call is ********

BG £210 Strange they are currently advertising and definetly doing for £130 to £160 depending on area of country

I'd probably start by checking the gas valve / gas meter regulator are opening....often stick when cold.

Sponsored Links
Flame failure light would come on then ollski instead of flue fault light

OK i will rephrase it.
Agile if you have a problem dont hide in the combustion chamber where you think i cant see it. Post it on the actual topic.
As i said previous I told the guy what the fault was not how to fix it . Every customer has access to this information as instructions must be left with them .
As for price of part it is available from PTS for that or www.gas-spares.co.uk for £15.

OP in case your wondering i have been slagged off in the private section of the forum for telling you what your fault was.

Is this ok MOD11 nothing remotely abusive

namsag.

I appreciate your diagnosis, and as you state all relelvant details are fully available in the manual sat next to me. Had your diagnosis been more complicated or required work more extensive than ********** one would have relied on a professional to do the job.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back