Baxi Combi 105HE

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I have a Baxi Combi 105 HE boiler and in the last week has stopped working, :( There is a fault indicated with the fan or flue that flashes red. I have tried re-setting the boiler a number of times and it sounds like it is firing up normally until the raditor light comes on in green it goes straight back to the fault light!
I have hot water but no heat in any of my radiators :rolleyes:
Is this a common problem and is there any way i can fix it myself?

Thanks in advance.

Melanie ;)

Sponsored Links
They are not one of the most reliable boilers.

Whilst you might be able to repair the boiler if you knew what was wrong the first problem is to diagnose the fault.

Since its probably combustion related it needs a gas safe registered engineer to check those aspects.

It might turn out to be the PCB. Would you be competent to change a £120 electronics board ( and check the gas settings afterwards as we have to ?)

Tony

Sponsored Links
Agile would you like to tell me why you would need to check the gas pressures after changing a £90 board and how fitting this could alter the gas valve.

To OP if your worried about being ripped off go for a fixed price repair with BG it includes parts and labour for about 200 quid

Any RGI worth his salt would check inlet gas pressure, gas rate and BP once completing a repair as part of the safety checks needed to say the boiler is safe to use........i accept tho changing a board on this model wouldn't alter gas valve settings.....

Or go for a fixed price repair from the manafacturers for around £270 as they will have all parts needed to repair the boiler and you get a 12 month warranty included :D and yes im back and some things never change hey Agile LOL

Agile would you like to tell me why you would need to check the gas pressures after changing a £90 board and how fitting this could alter the gas valve.

To OP if your worried about being ripped off go for a fixed price repair with BG it includes parts and labour for about 200 quid

Basic gas safety requirement to measure burner pressure or gas rate after "working" on a gas appliance.

The PCB controls the mod coil and so the min/max should both be checked.

A faulty PCB could have caused a cowboy to fiddle with the gas valve in an attempt to solve the problem.

I have seen a new boiler where the installer had wound the minimum up to the maximum so that it would not modulate.

Anyone who does not check gas settings and that the boiler operates properly is risking having to return to solve further problems.

That may not matter much in Northants but in London it usually takes one hour to travel to and from a job.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back