Baxi Combi 133HE Plus - PCB failure

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I had my 133HE Plus for only 14 months, and the PCB's gone :( -- £130 ex VAT for replacement PCB - looking on google for reviews of this thing it seems there are quite a few reports of exactly the same thing happening, how do Baxi manage to time these things to break 2 months out of warranty...

Anyone have this boiler? - Any other failures I should expect from this thing? :(

Sponsored Links
Who has diagnosed the PCB as having failed?

Is there any visible damage to the PCB?

Tony

Agile said:
Who has diagnosed the PCB as having failed?

Is there any visible damage to the PCB?

Tony

A certified plumber - there is visible damage to the big looking component next to a capacitor, there is also a bubble in the plastic cover and a burning plastic smell :(

The plumber just replaced the PCB, serviced the boiler and £271 later, it is working again.

PS: the symptoms were basically you would hear the boiler try to ignite with various typical clicks and wooshes and after 6 retries, it would just shut off and all the LEDs would light up as if you just unplugged it from the mains and plugged it back in.

I ve replaced a few of these now the last was the same as yours and when new pcb replaced it ran for 10 mins then blew up pcb , replaced the fan + pcb no call back since.

Also the ignition flame supervion probes go they now have a modified set of them

Sponsored Links
I think there has been changes to this PCB now, though i have not had that confirmed as yet. Anyone ?

I seen one that actually started smoking as i worked on the boiler which was a bit frightening lol !

Trance Nation said:
I think there has been changes to this PCB now, though i have not had that confirmed as yet. Anyone ?

I seen one that actually started smoking as i worked on the boiler which was a bit frightening lol !

T.N Its when they start drinking and staying out late that you need to worry :LOL:

So what do you know, 2 months after the repair the boiler overheated and shut off due to loss of pressure. I spoke to my CORGI and he said to top it up, which I did, and after a day the boiler all of a sudden started making a very loud fog horn type sound -- switched it off immediately.

The CORGI left about an hour ago and here's what needs changing:

Leaky Heat Exchanger £248.39 + VAT
Soaked Burner: £124.06 + VAT
Labour: £200.00

So we're talking around £900 in repair costs in 2 months!

Even the CORGI is saying I'm better off just buying a new boiler and not bothering fixing this Baxi crap.

I'm so broke :(

Clever Baxi, when most others are giving 2 year warranty they gave a 1 year :LOL:

had a few pcb`s go faulty.Baxi have lost their way .Can`t recommend any of their boilers to my customers.

Is it me,or does anyone else think they went downhill when they merged with Potterton?

Paul

:confused:

hackeron said:
I had my 133HE Plus for only 14 months, and the PCB's gone :( -- £130 ex VAT for replacement PCB - looking on google for reviews of this thing it seems there are quite a few reports of exactly the same thing happening, how do Baxi manage to time these things to break 2 months out of warranty...

Anyone have this boiler? - Any other failures I should expect from this thing? :(

Ref: Baxi 133HE

Like you mine failed at 13 mths and cost me in excess of £200 which included further cover.
Guess what 13 mths has gone by again and the PCB appears to have just failed again going by what the point to point electrical tests are telling me.

I just wonder if these are programmed to fail just after the 12 mth term cover ends, it seems to much of a coincidense hey.

Just contacted Heat Team who say I have to wait 1 week for them to come out ( Poxy service ) God heaven knows how they manage in the winter months.

Regards

Jaffa1

Backs up my concerns completely. How do I regain confidence to fit Baxi again with all these problems :rolleyes: 1 week for an engineer to fix a combi :eek: Ridiculous :mad: BaxPoti, Baxmax and Poxi, sounds as though there is a very profitable market out there for you to tap into independently with your expertise ;)

i would get on to baxi, they may say you only have a 1 year but you have a right for the boiler to work for an reasonable length amount of time trouble free. 16 mouths is not reasonable

threaten them with court if they do not come out free of charge to fix it(i would)

You may be lucky with warranty as most boilers leave factory with about 18 months warranty. Depends on your serial number, they build in a certain 'shelf life' into the warranty usually ;)

to be honest if this happened to me i would be jumping up and down baxi's throat. having a pcb fail and then the heat exchanger which takes out the burner is in no way or shape expectable in the first two years...hell in the first 5 years

i would get baxi to come out to fix it no matter what they say

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back