Baxi Combi E80 Eco HW only warm

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, I have a Baxi Combi E80 Eco, about 4 years old, fitted in a reasonably hard water area (South Staffs) with no descaler fitted and I'm after some advice.

I have noticed over the last week that the hot water isn't getting as hot as it used to, and sometimes the boiler sounds a little noisier than usual (possibly 'kettling') when running the HW, I've not noticed any increased noise with the CH running (inhibitor and a leak sealer additive is in the system water).

I have tried a few things as some other posts have suggested, I have removed the secondary heat exchange and washed it out with mains water until it runs clean and left vinegar in the freshwater side to soak for an hour to remove any scale (not seen that here but works for my kettle!) and rinsed it out, but this side appeared clean and shiny as far as I could see.

Both microswitches are activated by diaphram pins when the hot tap is turned on and the CH feed pipe does not warm up significantly if only the HW is run. The boiler fires up and stays on continuously as long as the hot tap is running, if I reduce the flow of the hot tap the water gets hotter until the boiler turns out the flame, pauses and restrikes then stays lit (I'm guessing this is modulating).

Both CH and HW temperature settings are on MAX, I've heard this is the most efficient setting. I am also only running one hot tap at a time and all water is fed to and from the boiler in 15mm copper.

It is winter and the mains water feed is very cold, does anybody know if this is normal for a combi boiler (have I just reached the limit of it's water heating) or is there some maintenance due which would improve this?

Also (as I have had to dump some of the system water to remove the exchange) does anybody have a cleaning additive to clean the system components they reccommend which I won't need to flush out of the system (a real pain)?

Thanks for your advice!

Ed.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back