Baxi duotec rumbling

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Every so often my Baxi duotec 28 GA will ignite, then just before it "revs up" it will start rumbling (no louder than the normal noises is makes) and the flame will extinguish, followed by the "whooshing" sound which is normal, sounds like it is cooling something inside the boiler.

30 seconds or so later the ignition process resumes and it revs up as normal, but the rumbling is a bit worrying. Is this normal?

Sponsored Links
Dont quote me on this!
But i had the same problem on 2 Baxi 40 he duo tech's, my mams house and my friends.

They described similar noises as yourself and also some quite worrying knocking?
What i've been told is that the HW plate heat exchanger is used as a system by-pass and the problems are arising from here.

Bad design??

Full of dirt?? And nowhere to go??

Dont really know ins and outs , but thats part of a storey i was told, is it correct well thats another matter!!
:confused:

Dont quote me on this!
But i had the same problem on 2 Baxi 40 he duo tech's, my mams house and my friends.

They described similar noises as yourself and also some quite worrying knocking?
What i've been told is that the HW plate heat exchanger is used as a system by-pass and the problems are arising from here.

Bad design??

Full of dirt?? And nowhere to go??

Dont really know ins and outs , but thats part of a storey i was told, is it correct well thats another matter!!
:confused:

The plate isn't used as a bypass.

Sounds like a poor gas/air mixture to me, get an RGI in to look at it

Sponsored Links
gas2 air groovejet is right on the duotecHEa the plate IS a bypass.

Steve call Baxi out to have a look they will reset the mixture for you if req your boiler will still be under g`tee

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back