Baxi FS401

DP

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
This boiler has a long main burner and a Honeywell pilot assembly to left of main burner. Pilot burner is secured to the combustion chamber cover through a triangular cut. Pilot burner orientation is such that the pilot burner points AWAY from the main burner. Perhaps this ‘misalignment’ between main and pilot burners occasionally results in explosive ignition that can be seen as glow at the RS terminal on a dark night.

For some unexplained reason, pilot also tends to go out randomly when boiler is running. It does not extinguish when boiler idle. Gas valve release time is 43 seconds after pilot extinguished.

This is the second FS401 that I have encountered which randomly ‘self cleans’ itself with explosive ignition.

Can people familiar with this model please suggest what the cause and cure is as I have run out of ideas.

Same message posted on Combustion Chamber for closed section replies.

Thanks in advance

Dan

Sponsored Links
If memory serves me right had one doing it many moons ago in the top there was a baffle plate 2 screws holding it that instructions said had to be in. And with it removed it worked perfectly ok

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back