Baxipot or Potterton aces.

DP

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I carried out some repairs on a Housewarmer 45 (OH stat capillary tube corroded, swept HE cleaned pilot burner etc). Carried out safety checks also.

Occasionally, the main burner ignites within the burner at the injector. Any thoughts? Answer can be emailed if regulars rather not reply on open forum (can retrieve reply from combustion chamber as well)

Sponsored Links
i think potterton/baxi have a modified air duct for this. the bit that pushes into the bbu opening below the fire. i seem to remember this excact same problem on one a couple of years back. give em a bell.

Sorry if this is teaching you to suck eggs DP but did you remove burner end cap and take the gauze and baffle out and clean them. Not sure if gas valve had some sort of softlite adjustment on them too.

Hi

My old boiler is on its last legs and BG have quoted me £3,000 for new boiler........I wish to purchase my own and get a corgi registered plumber to fit for me.

I need to know what size i would need for 1 bed flat?
what are the good makes? gas compression one.
where there cheap to buy form? hoiw much would i pay for one?
How much would it be to fit it?
need a good guarantee?

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Perkysox.

Sponsored Links
Perkysox, start a new thread instead of highjacking one. This way you will possibly get more regulars to look at it.

Good engineers are normally very busy, so they often do not care to be involved when client wants to buy a boiler and installer supplies labour. This can be a can of worms as the customer does not know enough about what he is buying and what else to get. Fitter arrives and finds lots of bit and bobs either wrong or not on site. Customer expects fitter to 'help' him out. Job gets done, boiler fails to work. Again customer expects fitter to get it working. As far as I am concerned, I supply the boiler, I carry the can. You supply the boiler you take the pressure when things go t*ts up as fitter only supplies labour.

There are plenty out there who will come to your aid but am certain not the ones that provide quality work.

Thanks guys for assist and advice. Wish you all a Happy New Year

Thanks for the advice and sorry i 'highjacked'....it was not my intention. I joined on here tonight and am struggling to know how to post stuff on the forum so apologies to you.

So you think its best to call a plumer in and get him/ her to arrange for a boiler to be fitted and an all inclusive price then? I am looking for a condensing gas boiler for small flat. Any idea of price and installation i would be looking at? BG are rip off merchants and not getting them to do it.

Thanxs

Perkysox

Good engineers are normally very busy, so they often do not care to be involved when client wants to buy a boiler and installer supplies labour. This can be a can of worms as the customer does not know enough about what he is buying and what else to get. Fitter arrives and finds lots of bit and bobs either wrong or not on site. Customer expects fitter to 'help' him out. Job gets done, boiler fails to work. Again customer expects fitter to get it working. As far as I am concerned, I supply the boiler, I carry the can. You supply the boiler you take the pressure when things go t*ts up as fitter only supplies labour.

There are plenty out there who will come to your aid but am certain not the ones that provide quality work.[/quote]

Personally I have no problem with a customer buying the boiler and other major parts like the stat and magnaclean etc however I arrange the stuff from my supplier and the customer pays him direct.

Helps with my turnover as in keeping it under the vat threshold.

Last boiler change I did last month the boiler etc came to £2600 with my labour on top.

Customer was happy to pay direct which got him my trade terms ,supplier was delighted to sell the gear and I was happy to limit my outgoings.

Tony.

Cricks.......i wasnt expecting that much. BG arent much cheaper than that.......Have seen boiklers for around £500/600 so is the rest all on labour? how long would it take for fitting new boiler?

Thanxs for your advice.

Perkysox

Boiler was £1800 including vat ,a WB Greenstar 550 CDi there was a stat (£150) a magnaclean and a Trevi shower (£200).

Boiler for this customer's install was four days that included a powerflush and the shower install.

Electrician's fee was £150 alone.

Cheapest boilers are from here,

http://www.mrcentralheating.com/boilers.html

You get what you pay for to be honest.

Some guys will do a boiler change in a day and charge you about £300 to £600 or so.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back