baxi instant 80 he combi

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
There is no water supply to the hot water taps on my combi anyone got any ideas ? I have replaced the diaphrams on the valves but to no avail

Sponsored Links
What as in no water coming from hot tap atall or cold water coming from hot tap :?:

You had any work done lately in the house, did you have hw not come out of tap before you changed the diaphragm or not, take it you used the isolation under boiler and have turned it back on yes???????????

Sponsored Links
So you have water into the boiler for definate and your cold water taps are all ok, youve had no work done so we assume no isolation taps are switched off, i begining to think you may have a blocked plate on the domestic side whats scale like in water round there???? Personally ive never seen a plate blocked on domestic side as soft water in manchester no probs with scale, or maybe a scaled on NRV bu that would have to be direct off the hw pipe under boiler to effect all taps, do you have any valves on pipes under boiler other than boiller isolation valves/ fillig loop

Inlet/return manifold isolator did not have any filter/flow regulator/venturi
Don't know if this is correct as the service manual is for a 80HE/105HE. Thought maybe the 80HE did not require them. This may have caused blockage elsewhere (diverter valve)!

is it not a gauze filter in these in the ioslation valve, how do you know youve got water into the boiler what did you do to test

Personally i would wip the plate off and check it for debris, at this point and maybe see if i could open the isolation valve a little to see water flowing into manifolds are the 2 cappilary tubes clear on the right and side, and makesure when you put them back on top of diaphragm housing that the washers havent covered the hole, check these tubes before taking plate off its easier

Sorry should of said you need to be competent to work on a gas CH boiler even if only working on the water section, as realy you should be able to check gas pressures, flue gasses etc etc when undertaking any work on a boiler, but as youve already changed parts take it you are yes??????????

Drained system, when refilling system water there is water pressure at hot water taps. Soon as system charged no pressure at taps.

the point where your filling the system from is also feeding the hot water taps, you need to work along the cold feed to the boiler, there should be a tee with a filling loop attached, this is where you need to isolate the water to the system.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back