Baxi Megaflow DD170 element problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

One of the elements in this heater went a few weeks ago and now it seems the second one has gone, so I've got no hot water at all.

I've tried regenerating the air pocket with the tap with no effect.

The photos below show what is behind each of the two grey plastic covers that lead from the mains - is there meant to be a reset switch or anything?

boiler2.jpg

boiler1.jpg

Sponsored Links
It seems odd that you know one element is not working and you just ignore it and then bleat when the second one fails!

You could try pressing the red reset button.

If that fails to get it working you need a competent person to test to see exactly what has failed!

Unventeds should be serviced every 12 months!

Tony

Money's tight! I thought I could manage for a couple of weeks :D

Presumably the red reset button is under safety

If the red safety button is not sticking out then it does not need to be re-set.

New immersions will probably be needed.

Andy

Sponsored Links
It won't need new immersions just the thermostats replacing! These type are renowned for nuisance overheat tripping due to the location of the overheat sensor this has been rectified in the new type white in colour thermostat and by replacing for this type will solve your problems! :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back