Baxi model identification

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Baxi wall mounted conventional flu boiler which requires a heat exchange front plate but the registered serviceman cannot identify the model number as the indentification plate is worn, The boiler was installed about 22 years ago and the only number visible on the identity plate is 005384.

Is there any other way in which I can identify the model number?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Scatman it is still free , it is only some of partsarena sites that charge

With the partsarena reference, I think I have tracked it down to a 402/552 model

Many thanks. :D

Still post a picture, you don't want to get this wrong.

At best it could be expensive, at worst - well, just make sure you have the right boiler.

Thanks Dan. I sent two images to admin for inclusion but last night I took a very powerful torch and shone it on the plate and everything was revealed: its a WM 552 OF. Oddly enough, by day and using the same torch the serviceman and I couldn't read a thing other than a production number.

And the very best of luck in getting a h/e front plate for that boiler.

Been there, tried, couldn't! :(

Oh, that sounds a bit depressing. As far as I could see, the problem is that the insulating panel has disintegrated and needs replacing and these still appear to be available from several suppliers. Hopefully, the metal plate/door to which it would be attached is OK. I am an eternal optimist.

Come on - face the facts!

It's a piece of inefficient junk!

OK - a faithful and reliable piece of junk so far. But JUNK!

croydoncorgi said:
Come on - face the facts!

It's a piece of inefficient junk!

OK - a faithful and reliable piece of junk so far. But JUNK!

and the sides will be cracked.....and if they arent they will be soon

So what would you suggest I replace it with?

(Other geeks, please join in.)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back