Baxi or WB

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I've kind of decided on a Baxi platinum (5 year warranty :D ) or a worcester bosch junior 28i due to good reviews and recommendations. I'm inclined to go with the baxi due to the warranty but not knowing much about boilers i'd like some help from others. Like are these both built well, is the baxi worth the extra money etc

Thanks ;)

Sponsored Links
I had a Baxi recommended to me yesterday (by a Reactfast engineer), based on the 5 year warranty. The best price I can see for the Baxi Platinum Combi Condensing Boiler is £880 (including VAT). I too would like to know if this is the best boiler to buy.

I'd say probably the extended warranty will make up for the shorter life of the boiler. Worcester is better boiler, but 5 year warranty?...it's on the toss of a coin really.

Its got to be the Baxi,the heat x is the dogs boolloxs...

Sponsored Links
£890 for a baxi platium 28 - would people say this would be money well spent or would you go for a different boiler round the same price

money well spent it has a stainless steel heat exchanger which will last for years :)

plus as it has 5 year warranty think of all the money you will save not having to pay out for extended warrantys ;)

does anyone know if you need to get the boiler serviced every year to keep the warranty valid?

how much on average would a plumber charge to service a combi?

Yes you do need to get boiler seviced every year as per all boiler warrantys !

Baxi will charge you £90 or a local engineer will charge anything between £50 and £90 ;)

Ive been told that the Potterton Gold (3year warrantee ) is the same as the Baxi Platinum (5 year warrantee) only about £200 cheaper to buy. The've both got the same heat exchanger as the Vaillant and Vieseman condensing combi's

Is the baxi 5 year warenty any good when they take so long to get out to a faulty appliance, 5 days seems to be the norm for them, then they don't have the parts. Go for the WB. 2 year warenty. And better boiler.

That's not fair, I'm in their loyalty program as an installer so they come to my boilers next day. They phone the customer before 10am to let them know about when to expect them and they are perfect gents. They never snipe about anything just quietly and professionally do their job.

For ultimate quality I recommend Buderus. Their service team is shared with Worcester Bosch, who can take a week to turn up and are not so humble.

ChrisRoberts said:
Is the baxi 5 year warenty any good when they take so long to get out to a faulty appliance, 5 days seems to be the norm for them, then they don't have the parts. Go for the WB. 2 year warenty. And better boiler.

i think saying that is a bit unfair in very busy periods it may take 5 days but that is an exception and not the norm if you were to average it out it would be more like 2 days is the norm and we do carry 90% of the parts for all current models :D

And you do come to loyaly installers next day, so original poster ask your installer if he is in the loyalty program.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back