Baxi Platinum installers near Chester

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I just wondered if anyone here knows if Baxi have a recommended list of plumber / heating engineers that are approved to install Baxi combi boilers ?

The one I am looking to get installed is their platinum range as follows:

http://www.baxi.co.uk/products/productDetails.php?idx=1128&cat=2

I'll be phoning them tomorrow anyway (there lines are closed at the moment)

p.s. I noticed that British gas are giving £400 off their installation - Are they any good ?? :

https://www.britishgas.biz/boilers/affiliates.aspx

Sponsored Links
p.s. I noticed that British gas are giving £400 off their installation - Are they any good ?? :
Get a price off them and I'll give you £800 off. not bad eh :LOL: :LOL:

sooey said:

You robbing scouser. :D ;)

I`ll do it for £100.00 less than sooey :D

Any CORGI registered installer can fit boilers if the has the central heating and energy efficiency certificates.

I even saw a non CORGI registered builder today who had installed a boiler very neatly with no serious concerns. Although the flue did not have all the clearances required.

Tony

Sponsored Links
I hope you reported him to the new gestapo dressed in black on the front cover of latest GI that arrived today :LOL:

MIB 3 :eek:

I was much more concerned about the one I saw yesterday. The unregistered English installer quotes the CORGi number of someone else in another part of the country.

He had fitted the boiler with several things wrong! Two gas related.

The boiler was not working because he had not connected the condensate outlet to a drain and instead left it in the transit position tucked up behind the boiler where it quickly filled up and operated the boilers protection.

Tony

Well thats the English for ya bet the polish guys would not deen that slap dash. ;)

Sorry I forgot to say that the Builder was Iranian but quite well educated with an English wife and had been here for about 20 years.

His installation only had two smaller defects relating to flue distances.

Tony

sooey said:

Thanks for the offer (and I am sure you would do a good job) but I am really looking to go with somebody that has been recommended as well a Corgi registered and ideally experienced in installaing Baxi Platinum boilers.

I am going to get British Gas in again to give me a quote anyway and i'll use that as a baseline for comparison but i wondered - Do they usually uplift their quotes by £800 ???

Whats odd is that I tried to get a quote though BG around 12 months ago to give me a rough idea and they said that as there was a bit more to the job than what they usually do and they are not interested (complete new 22mm main cold water supply from internal stop tap plus a few internal connections to showers, taps etc) that the guy I spoke to from BG recommended somebody else, he came out and gave me a quote but recently I have been completely unable to track him down, his number is now some kind of takeaway (he was called LONSDALES in liverpool).

mark.carline said:
I am going to get British Gas in again to give me a quote anyway and i'll use that as a baseline for comparison but i wondered - Do they usually uplift their quotes by £800 ???

And the rest, someone has got to pay for Mr 20% in his suit who knows nothing about gas installations :eek: Installers I know who work for BG often complain that the job the saleman has sold the customer is not physically possible :rolleyes:

One customer i had called and asked if I could get the same 'grants' as BG called them for installing a new boiler. I said I would give a normal quote. My price came out £500 less than their price with the '£900 grant' off it and I was supplying a better boiler and making a very good profit out of it ;)

Worst one I had was a BG rep who told a customer I eventually got, that they could have a balanced flue fire in an internal fireplace :eek:

This is what I really hate - Why isn't there some kind of online system that you can "rate" tradespeople for the job they have done (a bit like ebays feedback system).

In Germany you would get a quote from three different companies to get some work done and they would all be within around 5% of each other - In this country you take pot luck as to the cost and quality of the work.

This also reminds me of the quotes I got to get a porch built on the front of our house, the three different quote came in at 5k, 7k and 17k and I told / gave all three builders exactly the same information ! aghhghg !

mark.carline said:
This is what I really hate - Why isn't there some kind of online system that you can "rate" tradespeople for the job they have done (a bit like ebays feedback system).

In Germany you would get a quote from three different companies to get some work done and they would all be within around 5% of each other - In this country you take pot luck as to the cost and quality of the work.

This also reminds me of the quotes I got to get a porch built on the front of our house, the three different quote came in at 5k, 7k and 17k and I told / gave all three builders exactly the same information ! aghhghg !

Ther are several out there. I belong to one called www.nomorecowboys.com where my customers fill in a questionaire after my job is complete. This is then posted on the site for all and sundry to look at. The only flaw in this is getting the customers to remember to do it :rolleyes:

They may even have someone on there from your area ;)

We are listed on several of those sites but there are so many of them that there is usually little feedback.

Again I stress that any competent engineer can fit that boiler and the best dont just fit only one model.

If he can only fit one boiler model then he is going to be pretty useless anyway!

You need someone with the understanding and breadth of experience to fit any boiler!

Tony

I get quite a lot of work from them. I can fit any make of boiler competently but I choose to only fit Vaillant ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back