Baxi Solo 2 Boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My Baxi boiler has "gone out". There are no lights lit and there seems to be no pilot light lit. The boiler therefore is not firing up the heating system when I turn the Honeywell thermostat up.

My hot water is still hot. The appropriate lights on the timer in the airing cupboard are lit saying that the system is on. It's Friday night of course and I can't find a plumber.

Any ideas anyone?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Thanks for your time.
It's the PF versin, whatever that means! I've turned the electricity supply off. I'll see what happens. ;)

Sponsored Links
check that the hot water side of the system is firing up the boiler, if not check the fuse(s) if it does fire for water but not heating then suspect the motorized valve. The pf stands for powered flue as in it has a fan.

pf stands for power flue (has a fan). if there are no lights on the boiler but the programmer is ok i would suggest the fuse is ok, I would expect that the problem lies with the diverter valve or zone valves on your system as these are what will control the boilers operation.

There is a fair chance we may be able to give you a very good idea on the fault, but it really would help if you give us a response on the suggestions we give you :idea:

Sorry Ollski - I appreciate your efforts.

Nothing is firing up the boiler now. Checked the fuse and that is fine. Turned off the electricity for 5 minutes as suggested. Nothing.

Usually the thermostat "clicks" in when turned up but that is dead also.

Did notice that when I turned off and on the power at the wall there was a slight clicking sound in the boiler which suggests to me that power is getting to the boiler from the mains but perhaps something inside the boiler is not firing for some reason.

Ah right ok, if power is getting in to the boiler to make it click but no lights are on it would tend to point towards the board.

Sniff it :eek: ! The last couple I changed had melted some plastic!

Air pressure switches on solo2 pf is very prone to sticking in the on position after demand for heat has gone ,thus stoppin the fan starting up again when there is a demand for heat again

Thank you all for your help. Managed to get a heating engineer to call today. He said it was the thermostat. Fitted a new one. Now have heat. Ah lovely. Warmer but poorer :)

thats exactly where the fault finding chart leads you aswell....textbook

Olski if that is exactly where the fault finding chart leads you (text book) how come you came to that conclusion when you had said sounds like the board in your previous answer

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back