Baxi Solo 2 Overheating Problems?

Sponsored Links
Latest update :-
Managed to stop the boiler tripping out on overtemp but I don't know why it was doing it. After swapping both the boiler & overtemp thermostats the problem was still the same, so I looked at the radiator in the small front bedroom, this is the 1st radiator in the line from the boiler and makes a 'wooshing' sound each morning as the boiler attempts to heat the hot water up. As this is one of the only radiators with a thermostatic valve which I hadn't removed I turned it all the way up to its max, now the boiler does not trip out but that room gets quite hot, incidentally, when the hot water is on this radiator gets warm, I can't understand why this should happen, as on a Honeywell 'Y' plan system such as mine if the hot water is only on then it should flow straight from the boiler via the pump, through the 3 way valve, into the coil in the cylinder and straight back to the boiler again. I don't think there is any air in the system as i've bled it so many times & no air comes out, also all the radiators heat up quite quickly with none staying cold.
Also the system does have a by-pass in the garage where the boiler is which isn't lagged.
Any ideas anyone as i'm starting to think that the system is plumed incorrectly as I don't think it started its life as a 'Y' plan system I think it first was gravity fed and then modified sometime in the past.

Make sure you have a bypass fitted for the pump over run to work correcttly :D

After spending hours trawling around the internet looking for my the answer to my problem I came across this post :D
A few months ago i had a Baxi Solo fitted at home, originally the system was a Y Plan Open vented system now its been changed to an S Plan. I've been having problems with the OverHeat/Cut Off engaging and having to reset the boiler once I noticed it had not come on. It happens randomly (at times when there is No Way it could have overheated) and we have tried to find if there was a pattern to what the cause was but to no avail.
Someone asked if there was a pump bypass and I haven't a clue.
A pipe comes from the Boiler to the pump approx (3mtrs from the boiler) then it T's off to 2 seperate 2 Port Motorised Valves presumably HW and CH. I presume the valves close when there is No demand but there is a Pump Overrun of approx 5mins. Should there be a Bypass somewhere here ? Could you tell me what i should be looking fo and if I have'nt got one what do I need to put in a Bypass ? The guy who told me was an electrician so would just like a plumbers advice please :)
P.s i would call the plumber back who fitted the boiler but he was in that much of a rush to get to another job he forgot to close a raidiator bleed screw which he opened and subsequently 3 hours later when I get back from work I'm greeted with a River In my lounge hense me not getting him back !

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back