Baxi Solo 2 PF overheat coming on

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I need some help with my baxi boiler. I recently fitted a new power shower meaning that I had the boiler switched off for a few days. When I switch the boiler back on it only stays lit (boiler, fan, pilot, burner) for around twenty seconds before it makes some clunking noises and switches off with the overheat light coming on. I've investigated the pipe work and believe the clunking is due to the pipes expanding and contracting as at one point they rest on one another. Restting the boiler does not apear to cure the fault and the boiler remains off. I have bled the top feed to the boiler as I suspected air could be a problem.

any help would be appreciated,

many thanks!

Sponsored Links
Check your pump is not stuck and that there is 230V going to it.

If it is not stuck and there is not 230V then I would suspect the pcb as this controls the pump.

thanks for you help, I investigated the pump and found it to not be working which I have traced to a loose connection in a junction box! All sorted and working fine- thanks![/list][/quote]

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back