baxi solo 2 pf40 problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I've got a Baxi solo 2 pf 40 problem.
Firstly the system hasn't been sitting idle all summer and was working fine last week.

Calling for either CH/HW system responds as follows

"Boiler on" light lit

"Fan on" light lit

Pilot on light lit

However the ignition pilot just sparks away and obviously the burner on light doesn't light.

I'm comfortable with opening up a boiler though wouldn't dream of attempting to change the gas valve myself.

I'm assuming that my gas supply to the valve is ok (I can't see any reason for it to not be- I still have gas at cooker etc)

Does this point to a blocked pilot injector?

If so,can the pilot injector be cleaned without removing the gas valve?

Can appreciate that some of you guys don't like to give out much on here and encourage average joe to get himself in trouble. I'm no fool and have no intention of trying anything beyond my capabilitites.

Lastly if the gas valve is knackered what would be the rough time taken by a pro to change it and usual approx labour charge?

This info would prevent any p*** taker - it does happen-trying it on.

Thanks in advance for any help

Sponsored Links
Just an update for anyone who does a search on this problem in the future.

My own diagnosis of a blocked pilot injector was on this occasion correct.

A competent person could have the boiler up and running again in about 30 minutes or so on this boiler with this problem.

I come from a far more exacting technical background than domestic gas appliances and will not post the answers to my other questions as it's not for me to encourage anyone to act outside of their competences.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back