baxi solo 2 50rs

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys

I have a baxi solo 2 50rs boiler installed in the garage with a frost stat. The boiler was working fine until this morning when the pilot light was off. For some reason when I press in the gas valve control and ignite the pilot, the pilot comes on first time round no problem, but when I release the gas valve control the pilot goes off.

I have tried several times and held down the control for several minutes but the pilot just goes off when released.

I have already fitted in a new thermocouple, overheat stat, pilot burner and injector, just for the winter so that there are no problems.

Could it be that I need a new gas valve?

This boiler does have somesort of safety cut-off device which operates when the boiler is to hot, could this be at fault, which again would mean a new gas valve.

Any advice would be sincerely appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the advice "gstens baxi". I had a funny feeling that it might have been the gas valve. Your re-assurance has made me feel comfortable.

Once again thank you for your advice.

Sponsored Links
Hi

Just thought I'd mention that it turned out that nothing was wrong with the gas valve.

I read through the instructions and found out that as the system was on gravity, the overheat cut-off should have been disconnected. The CORGI gentleman that installed the boiler overlooked this matter (it was installed 7 yrs ago).

So I disconnected the overheat cut-off device as suggested by Baxi and the boiler works fine.

Just thought to mention this just in case anyone else is having the same probelm with the exact same boiler.

Thank you all for those that gave advice.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back