Baxi Solo 2 starting problem

These boards may be re-conditioned, but do these firms doing this actually have a boiler there to try them out in the real world?

First rule of fixing, never assume the new part is working.

Sponsored Links
These boards may be re-conditioned, but do these firms doing this actually have a boiler there to try them out in the real world?

The term reconditioned is a misnomer! They are repaired!

They do have a test rig for the more common boilers. But thats only a very simple power the boiler set up!

Imagine testing a recent Vaillant PCB and testing that it correctly displays every status and fault code!

Tony

Thanks Tony, agreed it probably is something simple but at this point I can't think of anything else, is the overheat stat NC? As posted earlier I have changed nalreadyThermistor....maybe I have a fault with the overheat, no overheat light on though

All boiler o/h stats that I have encountered have been NC.

An important point is to test the actual resistance is < 0.5 Ohms.

Tony

Sponsored Links
has anybody told this guy to check flow switch!! first.if you have 1 green light signal from timer there just pump needs proving for fan to start

has anybody told this guy to check flow switch!! first.if you have 1 green light signal from timer there just pump needs proving for fan to start

Wrong boiler ! :oops:

No flow switch on Solo 2!

Maybe he just needs to bleed the radiators first :LOL: :LOL:

I still think this is a fault on the recon pcb.

Can you carry out the following tests, If it is electrical it should pick it up

1.EARTH CONTINUITY
2.SHORT CIRCUIT
3.RESISTANCE TO EARTH

Thanks for the replies guys, especially the tip about bleeding the radiators....I new I was over analysing the problem! applied 230v to the fan, all o.k, checked resistance across overheat stat and returned 1.5 Ohms, if you're correct Tony it looks like you go straight to the top of the class and I stand in the corner wearing a big pointy hat with "D" written on it. Will replace stat and see if it is this.. lookin like it may be a winner though.

Cheers

Thanks for the replies guys, especially the tip about bleeding the radiators....I new I was over analysing the problem! applied 230v to the fan, all o.k, checked resistance across overheat stat and returned 1.5 Ohms, if you're correct Tony it looks like you go straight to the top of the class and I stand in the corner wearing a big pointy hat with "D" written on it. Will replace stat and see if it is this.. lookin like it may be a winner though.

Cheers

Its the only thing that hasn't been replaced :LOL:

I said to replace it in my very first post.

I know, I only checked continuity on the overheat and resistance on the thermistor....then Agile posted the resistance should read <0.5 Ohms, If it's not this I'm gonna rip it of the wall with my bare hands and lash it out the window...after isolating and making safe of course :evil: then replace with a Micro CHP unit

Be careful when working with 'live' electrics

check to see if you have 240v at the fans plug on the pcb.

you say you have checked the stats, have you checked the thermostat sensor

Cheers

Its the only thing that hasn't been replaced :LOL:

I said to replace it in my very first post

I dont see where your first post said that !

In any case just 1.5 Ohms may well enable the boiler to work although its out of tolerance.

Hesistantly, I would suggest bridging the o/h stat with a red croc to croc lead to see if this is the cause. Thats strictly ON TEST ! ( I doubt it in this instance, but try it in case! )

Tony

:evil: :evil: :evil: Wasn't overheat stat, new PCB next stop, and a refund for the recon board, as suggested in earlier posts I think the exchange board maybe be a dud as i have fitted a new overheat and it is still showing overheat lockout and will not reset, on trying to reset the relay flicks but no reset

Thats disapointing as I think that CET is by far the best of the PCB repairers.

If you return it then they will send you another free of charge. If you ask in Indonesian then Geoff might even send you two!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back