BAXI Solo 2PF

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
Whilst I have been at home this Easter I have noticed that my BAXI boiler is making a strange itermittent "fast" clicking sound. It only happens when the boiler is "off". The sound is coming from the electrical boxes at the bottom left of the boiler. They appear to be vibrating, if I turn the mains fuse (at the side of the boiler) on/off the noise stops.....but can and does start again at any time... lasting 2-3 minutes. If I turn the central heating on... everything seems to work fine. Can anyone give me an idea as to what the problem might be ?..

Regards
keith

....forgot to ask ..... is it dangerous ?

Sponsored Links
Just called BAXI Heat Team .... without even diagnosing the problem the minimum call out from them is £299. This seems very steep !!!.... can someone advise if they think it's the going rate ?..

That is expensive, but for that you will get a guaranteed fix from the manufacturer, first visit. This will include all the bits needed as well.

Depending whats wrong, could end up being the cheapest option.

Just called BAXI Heat Team .... without even diagnosing the problem the minimum call out from them is £299. This seems very steep !!!.... can someone advise if they think it's the going rate ?..

As Dave says plus that also includes one years cover on boiler and controls..Sounds like PCB fault.

Sponsored Links
Or fit a 50p suppressor across the switched live and neutral

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Excellent responses ....thanks very much...I will post the results and action taken as soon as i have it fixed.

Cheers..

Think i would have put up with clicking noise, if it was working

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back