Baxi solo 2pf

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have been getting clicking noises from my boiler, being quite handy I thought pilot solenoid and I changed it.
The boiler fired up with no clicking.
However it soon went off again and tries to ignite but cant. I hear initial click, fan starts up, but stops again, this goes on until I switch off power.
I'm beginning to think I'm not so handy after all!

Any advive greatly appreciated. :cry:

Sponsored Links
Solo 2`s are prone to dirty pilots that can cause a rapid clicking from solenoids as main burner trys to light but pilot lifts from detection probe instantly and so goes through ignition sequence again. Also loose connections on the board can cause it.

Well I bit the bullet and bought a new pcb at £143.00.

The boiler has now fired up and appears to be working properly.

Namsag you mentioned a dirty pilot as possible cause. How do I get at the pilot on this model? :LOL:

Sponsored Links
you should not touch any part of the gas train/assembly unless you are competent,by asking that question i would suggest you get a competent person to service/check the appliance ;)

"Well I bit the bullet and bought a new pcb at £143.00. "

Ouch. Could have sold you one for half that.

Chris you know how to make a grown man cry :cry:

And Bripl fair comment I wont be mesing anymore :oops:

Yes agreed just had one as my last job of the day today intermittently firing up....cleaned the pilot and the venturi but to no avail so going back to change the pcb monday....on a sidenote does anyone who uses an analyser find they always get relatively high readings with this appliance even when it's spotlessly clean?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back