Baxi SOLO 3 30 pf - Clicking when trying to start fan.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

Tonight my boiler started going a bit wrong, its a Baxi SOLO 3 30 pf

When the controller requests the boiler to fire up it intermittently fails.

The Fan light pulses every second or so at the same time as a relay can be heard to click on and off again, not until the fan is on and stable will the boiler attempt to light. I've tried a bit of searching and found that it could be the APS or the Fan, possibly a sticky relay?

Please can anyone confirm how to test the APS as after tapping / wiggling the box containing the thermostat ( where the tubes seem to go ) the fan starts correctly, also after doing this it seemed to start more reliably on subsequent requests to fire up.

If it is something simple I would prefer to fix it myself :D

Any pointers / help greatly appreciated

Thanks
Biggms

Sponsored Links
Was hoping to avoid a new PCB ( not that flush at the mo ), If I could understand which part was busted I would attempt to source the broken component and replace it, just seems like a waste otherwise :)

If it was a PCB / fan or APS could anybody recommend a supplier?

Thanks
Biggms

Check the aps first. The pcb checks the aps is in the correct position before allowing the boiler to attempt the ignition cycle.

Sponsored Links
Was hoping to avoid a new PCB ( not that flush at the mo ), If I could understand which part was busted I would attempt to source the broken component and replace it, just seems like a waste otherwise :)

If it was a PCB / fan or APS could anybody recommend a supplier?

Thanks
Biggms

I would not (wink) suggest CET in Watford for the fan and PCB :)

Dave

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back