Baxi Solo 3 PFL 50 will not ignite burner ???

olrod said:
OK .............
im having the same problem wit a solo 3 pfl 40 did you find a cure
I have lit the (sealed) boiler with a hob igniter. The burner ignited and the burner LED came on. I left it for a while (5 mins) and the rads started to warm up. Good! But when I turned it off and on again it did not ignite which tells me there must be a problem with the igniter / spark ??? I relit it and it went ok again. This unit should not need manual lighting, it is a sealed unit after all. How can I check the igniter or fix this?

I feel I am getting warmer in solving this :LOL:

Sponsored Links
turn the dial on the boiler to zero then back up to full run programme and it should ignite, ive just had the same problem with mine and this orted it out

turn the dial on the boiler to zero then back up to full run programme and it should ignite, ive just had the same problem with mine and this orted it out

I think he may have sorted it by now! 7 years without a boiler is a long time!

Sponsored Links

To be fair, Shaun has only just joined, so he has quite a backlog to catch up with :)

To be fair, Shaun has only just joined, so he has quite a backlog to catch up with :)
well either that or hypomthermia got the btter of him, obviously i didnt check the date

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back