Baxi solo 3 problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I have Baxi Solo 3 boiler and megaflow hot water cylinder (3years old), I have just had to change the combustion fan, it looks like the die cast bracket that supports the motor has got hot causing it to sag and the bottom cooling fan has touched the casing causing the motor to overheat and burn out, the top cooling fan had also fallen off.
Having replaced this the boiler is now turning its self on and off every 1 to 2 minutes. This morning I set it to come on at 5.30, by 7.00 the rads were not hot by 9.30 they were.
I'am just wondering whether this caused the combustion fan to malfunction in the first place?
I will check the obvious i.e connections and dry joints on the PCB.
Also I've notice the system pressure seems to vary from low to high sweeping across the green operating band.
Any help greatly appreciated.
Julian

Sponsored Links
Check the pressure in your expansion vessel.

See FAQs for how to do this.

if boiler only running for a minute or 2, assuming the boiler itself gets hot, I would be checking the pump.

Sponsored Links
check that when you fitted the new fan that you have pushed the assembly back on to the flue outlet, that it has resealed correctly. If it hasn't the boiler will start to draw in combustion gas and then it will switch off after about 90 seconds and then start the relight sequence.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back