Baxi Solo 3 Pump Continuously Running (Tried 2 Replacement PCB's)

really Ian? i was a first call OP the other year with 36 years of breakdown experience with all my tickets for appliances know many guys who are first call ops that are still fully qualified (paid by themselves) and as the baxi solo2/3 was out before the BG /transco split many of the older guys would be used to these boilers in the past .
I done my area`s part of the national recall on the 3 `s when they first came out .
But yes i totally agree all outside possible causes should be eliminated first.
Boiler its self is not staying on just pump so that rules out motorised valve microswitch fault
@gas112 I was with BG 35 years ago and I totally agree that some good lads moved over to the FCO side, however some of the younger lads are useless .

Sponsored Links
So brand new pcb fitted (after a long wait for delivery) and guess what, pump goes off after five minutes or so. Tested it a few times over a couple of hours.
So seems like the heating, zones and whatever else was suggested is fine and no wild goose chase tracing plumbing and wires was required.
****ty Pcb issue again. This one is a 2016 version so hopefully the fault has been manufactured out by then.
Found out there are some “compatible” ones manufactured now which are supposedly of better quality, so if it happens again i’ll probably get one of those.

Same old eBay shyte and it still cost more in the long run and more time just for penny pinching, when will people learn when buying pcb's :rolleyes:

• Thanks
Reactions: DP
Same old eBay shyte and it still cost more in the long run and more time just for penny pinching, when will people learn when buying pcb's :rolleyes:

Well, at least we now know what to do with the ones we take out and replace, eh... :sneaky::whistle:

Sponsored Links

Wouldn’t have to penny pinch if the manufacturer actually made a quality pcb that lasted more than a few years, obviously a design fault that should be remedied. Why pay £120 for a new one that is destined to fail?

Hello Spacedmonkeys. I have just read your post and I think I have the same problem with pump. But my pump is working 5 min, then stop for 5 min and then again works 5 min. 24hrs, 7 days Do you think is it the same problem?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back