Baxi solo 50 pf pilot will not light

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I fitted a new fan, and everything worked great for about 2 days. Then disaster. The spark igniter did not spark, so no pilot, no burner. All indicator lights come on the PCB, and, if I use a match I can light the pilot manually, and it will work, main burner comes on, but, no self ignition. Can anyone help please? Is it PCB, or some other obscure bit which I havent found out about yet.

Sponsored Links
Ignition and gas flows are not really a subject for DIY'ers. Some components/testing will be on safety devices and as such require an RGI. It may not be one of these causing your problem but i would recomend you get a qualified engineer to take it from here.....

You should be able to hear some sort of click from the board if you cant then it suggests the board, if you can hear then check for where it maybe shorting out favourite is the ceramic on electrode cracked

Sponsored Links
fan to flue seal deteriorates badle on the slo range...turns to dust and causes all sorts of ign probs... my 1st port of call if you know what you are doing.

As you have already delved deeper than you should have done, I suppose you could check that the wire from the PCB to the spark electrode is connected at both ends and is not being pinched anywhere.

This kind of thing is normally the province of CORGIs!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back