baxi solo boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
my baxi solo boiler will not work when trying to get hot water, only works on heating any ideas will be great help.

Sponsored Links
poss faulty cylinder stat, programmer.

do you know is its a y plan or s plan system

have,nt been around to check yet thought i would ask question first , incase it was something simple

Sponsored Links
went round to check system, system is s plan all elec,s ok mv are working it gives a small amount of hot water, boiler does,nt stay on long enough to heat sufficient hot water,works fine on heating would i be right in saying its either cyl stat or overheat stat on hot water pipe.

regards kev

I would say its the microswitch in the DHW valve head gone.

If you set the valve to manual open and turn on the heating you should get HW.

This will prove the diagnosis.

Replace the valve head.

feed back on system starting to think it could be pump, everything seems to be working correctly, just that boiler goes off after short while whilst calling for hot water, pump seems to be quite noisy as though its grinding might not be pumping water away quick enough also pump gets red hot to the touch, lady is also saying she has to go and switch it off at power because it carries on making a noise even after the main burner goes out and the hot water is scalding hot. any views

check there is water in system, ie some water in header tank on system pressure is on 1bar(ish) if sealed system. hot, screeching pump is often dry.

[checked system tanks, water levels ok,decided to replace head on pump as i turned isolation valves off to empty pump, 1 stated dripping as they always do,should have known better but it saves draining system down.
whilst draining water off pump from screw on front of pump, i found bits of fluff in it,also the isolation valves must,nt have shut off properly because water was still coming out. So i then decided to put screw back on and give it a go, it sounds much better so i've left it for now, told customer it will pack in soon but all the iso valves need replacing to, so it will require raining system down to cut them and the pump out. Did,nt fancy opening a can of worms at this stage.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back