Baxi Solo WM 40/4 problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,
First post here so hopefully I will do a good job of explaining my problem.
A week or so ago I changed the three way valve on my system. All very successful except that when I went to restart the system I found the pilot light had gone out on the boiler. I tried to light it again but it wouldn't stay lit. At that point I noticed that a lot of water had leaked from the drain cock above the boiler (not a great seal with the hose!) and seemed to have entered the boiler itself. I thought that maybe this had got on to the pilot/ignite area so I removed the plate holding these and cleaned the pilot, ignitor, thermocouple and any other relevant bits and installed all back in.
This seemed to solve the problem for a few days but now I have a similar problem again. When I light the pilot it stays on okay but when the boiler starts up it fires for a few seconds and then goes out, pilot too!!
It appears that when the boiler main burner fires the pilot is going out, no longer heats the thermocouple so the main burner keeps going for a few seconds before shutting down. Is this normal for the pilot to go out when the main burner fires up?
Any ideas as to what the problem might be?
Regards
Pete

Sponsored Links
Pete, the forum rules prevent us giving any gas related advise. You clearly have been trying the DIY route and we cannot give any advise other than to call a professional. It's a simple fix and probably not expensive.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back