Baxi solo wm50/4 firing intermittently

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hope someone can help
When the boiler is turned on, I can hear the ignition spark trying to light the pilot light, but the pilot light does not seem to light. If I leave this on it can be sparking for an hour with no result. Occasionally the pilot light will light and then the main burner comes on, and the rads and hot water get hot. However maybe after an hour it will go off even with all the stats turned to high, and you hear the ignition sparks firing to try and relight but it will not come on. I don't think it is overheating because first thing in the morning when boiler is cold, it will not light.

Does this sound like something major or minor and what would be the costs of getting it fixed.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Could be dirty pilot, faulty pilot solenoid, ignition lead/electrode shorting out and not sparking in correct place.

Sponsored Links
scuse me whats the point of me getting people to post questions if you answer them
im supposed to i think ! this is costing me money :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back