baxi solo3 pfl 50 pcb overheat, whats the solution

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all why does the overheat pcb fault occur, what can be done to remedy it? I have to purchase another board bu ti really would like this time to be the last.

Sponsored Links
A bypass allows the boiler to cool itself down when it turns off and should be installed when you have two zone valves

do you have one valve by you hot water tank or two

sorry if I dont make sense but its the sunday after a saturday night of much sherbert

:)

OK stupid question time, Zone valve? i thought that the pump ran on for a while to cool it down?
valve by the hot water tank?

Sponsored Links
If there is knowhere for the pump to circulate it to there is no point pump running on. hence bypass if 2 two ports valve used,,, or use a 3 port valve that always allows it to flow to which ever port is open... Some solo`s stipulated over 20 feet of bypass circuit pipework.

EDIT
Checked for your boiler instuctions ask for a 6 metre 22mm pipe bypass

Note that with a conventional cylinder (NOT an unvented one) you can connect your auto-bypass valve in parallel with the DHW zone valve and (in effect) have an 'infinitely long' bypass. (comprising the thermal capacity of the cylinder.)

Hi all why does the overheat pcb fault occur, what can be done to remedy it? I have to purchase another board bu ti really would like this time to be the last.

Don't you mean the overheating pcb fault where the board overheats? That just needs yet another new pcb, cos they're rubbish.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back