Baxi SWM 50/4 PF - Wo't ignite

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
When switch on water and heating - all lights are on, the fan works and it actually sounds normal and as if its working, however the pilot light is not on and it doesn't ignite. We have to keep turning it off and on (approx 20 times) for it to ignite and work, works fine once we can get it to ignite.

What is the problem? What part do we need?

Basically this boiler is like trigger's broom, everything has been replaced in recent years. I know we need a new one, but cannot afford at the moment.

All help muchly appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Could be several reasons for the old girl not lighting.....pilot, electrode, leads, ignition generator, air switch, fan. I'll not guess at which one or combination of faults it could be. None of these should be diy work and I recommend you call a decent boiler engineer who should fix that at reasonable cost. Had it serviced recently?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back