Baxi WM 522 RS Problem

Well guys, I found some instuctions for my boiler and took out the thermo-coupler and the feed pipe for the pilot flame. Gave them a good clean (Twice) and hey presto it's working now.

But I think when I get another job I'll replace the boiler. This one is pretty old. I got the instructions from here:

http://www.partsarena.com/baxi/

The Wall Mounted 532 RS boiler is exactly like my one.

Thanks for all your help. It's been educational. This is the best DIY help forum on the web.
Thanks again. I can now feel my toes through the frostbite!! lol

Sponsored Links
but that model of baxi does not have any form of overheat stat
Duh! You're so right!

I was reading the model number but still thinking of a different boiler altogether!

I know this is a really really old thread now but I have the same problem and cannot get the instructions from the partsarena website as it seems to not exist anymore.
Does anyone have these instructions please.

Well I have had the boiler serviced today and also the thermocouple was replaced but the problem remains (pilot remains lit until the burner is lit for a few seconds then click and burner and pilot go out).
The plumber said there is a blockage in the system somewhere because he cannot feel any warmth in the pipes directly next to the boiler and the boiler is getting warm despite the short time it is lit for.
I cannot understand as the problem occurs even when I have the boiler lit
for water only and the pump is not running.
Also all the radiators have been bled so how can there be a blockage ?
Dunno if I've been had :(

Can anyone help please.

Sponsored Links
Simple you have a partially blocked pilot supply (usually injector but some older baxis have a restrictor in supply pipe) and the pilot flame is being pulled away from t/couple when main gas is coming on.

nosmok there are issues of gas leaks on this boiler an RGI should check it for you.

1. pilot will require cleaning
2. get him to check pilot tube where it enters main part of burner assy
these ALWAYS leak, never been to one yet that hasn't had a small weep

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back