Baxi80e no dhw

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
No hot water from taps when ch off, diverted overhauled and dhw operates fine when ch on but when heating off pump proving switch will not make , all diaphragms brand new pump proving switch ok when heating on, cheers in advance for any help

Sponsored Links
Sounds like a blockage is preventing the pump flow switch from operating.

Probably something that a boiler engineer would easily diagnose.

Tony

Thanks for reply, could it be dhw ht/ex as the pump proving switch is fine in ch mode

It could well be but you have not given me any clues!

The flow switch on that model is not very critical.

But it could have become critical if the pump pressure is reduced because of a blocked impeller.

If the plate is so badly blocked then I would have expected you would have noticed the poor DHW performance if you use showers.

Perhaps not though if you use baths or have an electric shower instead.

Tony

Sponsored Links
I thought pump was ok due to the fact proving switch is fine in ch mode , if impeller was blocked proving switch would not make in ch mode ?

What you think may not be what is really happening!

The hydraulic circuits are different on CH and DHW and consequently their resistances are different!

Tony

Wasn`t it already a brand new pump before you replaced the pump head?

The diaphrams were new, the missing comma made it sound otherwise.

At least, that's my take on it.

the diverted was overhauled with new diaphragms, I did not suspect the pump as the proving switch was operating fine in ch mode . Obviously the pump performance was not what it should have been

Once clearway of plate heat exchanger, diverter and manifold on dhow side proved, the pump was the only thing left.

Didn't you check the pump impeller for blockages first and then do the finger test on it?

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back