BBC Comedy

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a shiny cold so just watching TV

Can't do terrestrial day time programing. But watched a couple of BBC comedies.

Mammoth
Started really good . Great ideal for a comedy, typically BBC
"Look how cool and Un-PC we are"

Funny bits but gradually got worse.

The BBC only seem to have Middle class ****ts that write their comedy.

They can't get working class comedy right
from sitting round a dining table with other BBC ****ts.

I watched all the episodes of Mammoth. Then I
Went onto a new Series called Mandy.

Dreadful in every form

Over acting British stereotype everyday people.

Sponsored Links
They can't get working class comedy right
Not recent I grant you but the Royale Family was pretty decent, no? Only Fools and Horses? Open All Hours?

More recently I quite liked People Just Do Nothing and This Country was also a good watch (in my opinion.)

Sponsored Links
Not recent I grant you but the Royale Family was pretty decent, no? Only Fools and Horses? Open All Hours?

More recently I quite liked People Just Do Nothing and This Country was also a good watch (in my opinion.)

Old BBC comedy was very hard to beat.
I did like Ghosts . But that's maybe it.

Writing working class comedy can't be done right unless you have lived the life.

The problem is that the Left can't do humour. It's like how they can't do funny memes, which is why the EU laughably tried to ban memes. Because comedy, ultimately, has to be based on some basic truths and common sense. The Left's ridiculous ideology and need to be politically correct puts effective humour beyond their domain. Look at all the current mainstream "comedians" who would feature on terrestrial TV. Almost exclusively awful. Not funny at all.

BBC produced half decent stuff 20 years ago. It has progressively become extremely woke and is now unbearable. Same with their radio output.

If Ricky Gervais is involved, it will be special. Highly intelligent, sails close to the wind, resonates deep down with what people know to be true.

Depends on the audience though I suppose. I reckon Mark Drakeford adores the BBC.

Sponsored Links
Back