BBC Comedy

Sponsored Links
Budget cut? You wouldn't think so when they're paying a million for Gary to talk about football clips for 15 mins a week, and Huw Edwards 400K to read an autocue (and now not reading anything but still being paid). Rinse and repeat. Ridiculous organisation.

Besides which, a big budget isn't needed to make good comedy.
A million is good investment for the popularity of that show, but he will be eased out soon. As for comedy, it depends, its almost as expensive as drama to make something like the fast show, hence the rise of panel shows which rely on the wit of the participants and a couple of hours filming for a 40 minute show. Likewise game shows, very cheap to produce.

The beeb's moved well to the right since brexit, but one or two of their shows are worth the licence fee alone

A million is good investment for the popularity of that show, but he will be eased out soon. As for comedy, it depends, its almost as expensive as drama to make something like the fast show, hence the rise of panel shows which rely on the wit of the participants and a couple of hours filming for a 40 minute show. Likewise game shows, very cheap to produce.

The beeb's moved well to the right since brexit, but one or two of their shows are worth the licence fee alone
The football alone brings in the viewers. It doesn't need Gary Lineker or big wages to do so.
However Gary is a very good presenter that's got better with age.

Ian Wright on the other hand is a crap presenter/pundit, but he's likable so pay him 500 quid a night and he'll still pull them in.

Nobody watches MOTD to see or listen to Gary - unless they are eccentric homosexuals who are not really into the actual football matches. There doesn't really need to be any presenter or commentary, but certainly not costing those sums of money for a quick chat about clips. Come on!

... oh, just saw the last part of your post where you say the Beeb has moved well to the right since brexit. Riiight... I don't think I've ever found an Internet forum where such bizarre opinions are aired. It is as though half of the posters are AI bots programmed by purple haired social media grads in silicon valley.

Sponsored Links
I watched a retrospective type thing on the comedy Bottom the other night, was actually quite good. If any of you are/were Bottom fans give it a watch.

One or two folk featured said it wouldn't/couldn't be made these days due to some of the content and dialogue. I suspect they're right, which is a shame.

The football alone brings in the viewers. It doesn't need Gary Lineker or big wages to do so.
However Gary is a very good presenter that's got better with age.

Ian Wright on the other hand is a crap presenter/pundit, but he's likable so pay him 500 quid a night and he'll still pull them in.
Fair enough but will the viewing figures go down when Alex Scot takes over which she is being groomed to do?

It is as though half of the posters are AI bots programmed by purple haired social media grads in silicon valley.
Which half though, don't make the mistake of thinking people with different views to you are bots

Fair enough but will the viewing figures go down when Alex Scot takes over which she is being groomed to do?

She's not a good presenter, she's young and inexperienced in presenting and talking about men's football.

However she's an attractive nice young Lady. MotD is a perfect training ground as I think she could be very good at Telly .

She's not a good presenter, she's young and inexperienced in presenting and talking about men's football.

However she's an attractive nice young Lady. MotD is a perfect training ground as I think she could be very good at Telly .
Lineker was like that when he started presenting grandstand in the 80's but after a spell on they think its all over became much more relaxed in his presenting style. I think he's popular with the public which is probably why the bbc didn't ditch him for his controversial views

Lineker was like that when he started presenting grandstand in the 80's but after a spell on they think its all over became much more relaxed in his presenting style. I think he's popular with the public which is probably why the bbc didn't ditch him for his controversial views
I had a conversation with a fella the other day. Both said the same as you. He's still a worm but still a good presenter

This is another example of woke behaviour at the BBC. The viewers are overwhelmingly men and they don't want to discuss football with women, by and large. It's a way for them to escape from women, and this feminised world we live in, along with hobbies like fishing, golf and motorcycling.

Moreover, female football commentators are generally terrible. It has spoilt the listening experience to have shrill girly voices, saying silly things, coming out of the radio and TV. It isn't just men who think this, I know female listeners agree.

Where the BBC and other broadcasters are concerned, it isn't about giving customers what they want, it is about forcing them to have something that they consider is politically correct - even if it taints the product and experience. Politicisation where it really isn't needed or wanted.

Sponsored Links
Back