bbq to gas supply

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

I have a question, i'm thinking of getting a gas line extended from the kitchen to an outside shelter, From there having a bayonet fitting of some sort going to a bbq. That way i don't need to bother with having to keep buying/refilling gas bottles.

Can this be done and can you buy a connector that goes from a bayonet to a jubilee type to a bbq?

Sponsored Links
You will need a Natural Gas BBQ if you want to run it from the metered gas supply. Check gas safe register for local engineers with “Leisure” appliances on their ticket. They will be able to advise further.

if you were buying/refilling gas bottles your BBQ would be LPG and wouldnt work on the supply to your house unless that is also LPG , you get leisure gas points that the BBQ would just plug into with a bayonet fitting, but if you are on mains gas and you want to do this as already advised you will need a natural gas BBQ and they can be very expensive, I had an LPG one and binned it, the whole point of having a BBQ is the flavour from the coals or bark used to do the cooking, gas doesnt do anything except supply the heat

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back