Being a Jew illegal.. sometimes

Kettling - you mean? It is often done unlawfully.
That would certainly meet the criteria:

“There is a breach of the peace whenever harm is actually done or is likely to be done to a person or in his presence to his property or a person is in fear of being so harmed through an assault, an affray, a riot, unlawful assembly or other disturbance”
R v Howell [1982]
You can see 1 way and not the other

That's a surprise

Sponsored Links
His argument is there is significant hostility towards Jews in London and these marches, are hugely disruptive and make it very hard for jews to feel safe. He has a point.
36 pages and your first honest, accurate post.

Well done you!

Sponsored Links
That would be consistent with normal policing policy.
Thanks for repeating me but I added the odd fact that one demo the police thought should not have been held was. Maybe the best option would be to leave this area to them but I suppose there needs to be checks and who ever does that should maybe give their opinion more weight.

CAA cancel Saturday march amid 'threats'.
Don't blame them. It's not the best time to go out around London with with your Kippah and an attitude. You can forgive bell-endism the once. There is a lot of folk in the world bothered about Israel's response to the Oct 7th attacks, now that the retribution slaughter has exceeded tens of thousands.

I'd like to see some proper undercover journalists go down to the "vicinity" of these marches and find out what's really happening. The difficulty, I suppose, would be that they might still have a bias.

Kettling - you mean?
I'm guessing you have never been to a high profile footie match? Away fans are corralled, not kettled. Never the twain shall mix. Hundreds of police there to keep them apart, inside and outside the ground. No mention of 'freedoms' either.

I'd like to see some proper undercover journalists go down to the "vicinity" of these marches and find out what's really happening. The difficulty, I suppose, would be that they might still have a bias.

As they are not in Palestine, they will probably not be assassinated by the Israeli army.

I'm guessing you have never been to a high profile footie match? Away fans are corralled, not kettled. Never the twain shall mix. Hundreds of police there to keep them apart, inside and outside the ground. No mention of 'freedoms' either.
A couple of champions league matches for work, but its not my thing. Last match I went to was in Barcelona, no trouble, no fuss minimal police.

The food at half time in the box was a bit lame, but it was the most exciting part of the evening.

Sponsored Links
Back