Beko dishwasher not heating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Beko DW603 dishwasher, about 7 years old, which now leaves the dishes cold and wet. At first it failed to heat intermittently, but now it is a permanent fault.

I realise this could be caused by a failed heating element or the programming card. As the cold washes seem to be shorter than normal, I guess the card is a more likely culprit. When I place my smart meter nearby, at no time is heating power bring consumed!

Can anyone please tell me how to access each of those components - is it from the back or the base? I'm thinking of trying a continuity test on the element first, and then changing the card. Or is there anything else that might be responsible?

Many thanks,
Alec.

Sponsored Links
Can anyone please tell me how to access each of those components - is it from the back or the base? I'm thinking of trying a continuity test on the element first, and then changing the card. Or is there anything else that might be responsible?

It could be poor or burnt connections to the element.

If you have an RCD on the circuit, that will sometimes trip with a failing element - is it tripping?

The heater on your model is of the flow thru type, best accesible for testing by removing the right hand side panel.
PCB in the door underneath and part of the program selection buttons.

The heater on your model is of the flow thru type, best accesible for testing by removing the right hand side panel.
PCB in the door underneath and part of the program selection buttons.
Many thanks for that helpful reply. Just what I needed to know!
Alec

Sponsored Links
Just an update following further investigations... the heating and full programme fails about two tries in every three. When it fails, the heater comes on for about 20-30 seconds (draws about 2KW) but then the program is cut short. But when it works, it's perfect.
I'm thinking that points to the PCB, but could it be an over-sensitive thermostat in the circuit? I just hate intermittent faults, always tricky to pin down!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back