Beko DW686 Dishwashwer Issue

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hiya a small big problem with my dishwasher and hopefully one of one may have been through something like this before or knows how to sort it out.

One night I filled up my DW with rinse aid as it was telling me to do so, turned it on and went to bed. The next morning I heard my DW trying to start the cycle which obviously I thought that was strange. The noise was the normal noise of the dishwasher starting up, that humming motor sort of noise then it would stop. The DW must have been doing this all night.

On pressing the start/cancel/pause button it will make the noise but when i press the start/cancel/pause button again the noise would still continue even though the starting arrow light has gone out.
Normally I cannot turn the start arrow light off when I have started the cycle but I can now.

In fact when the starting humming noise is continuing I can push the on/off button off, leave it for a while turn it back on and the humming noise continues. Also when the start noise is humming away and when I press the start/cancel/pause button off I can change the washing programme and yes its humming away.

I have timed the starting noise and it lasts 1min then a gap of 1 min then the noise starts up again.

Any help will be appreciated.

I apologise for my poor terminology

Marty

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back