Bell bypass (veritas R8)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a texacom vertias r8, but dont have the engineer code (its not set to default either) - the original installer (was installed a 10 years ago+) ghosted me when I asked for it..

By some fortune I will soon have a 'new' replacement R8 to swap over ( I want to add a second keypad, which needs the engineer code )

Issue being the bell (SAB??) will sound when i start to remove the power from the panel and I wont be swapping this in a rush so it will be on the 15 minutes wait 15 minutes cycle.. so what mechanism silences the bell? is it a simple as supplying 12v to it for instance??

I cant easily access the bell as its mid 3rd story, hence bypassing it is my favoured option..?
Any ideas?

Sponsored Links
Power off original panel mains only ……flip out the pcb leaving it still connected to the battery …fit new pcb …swop over the 2 wire from the transformer , power back on , swop over keypad , turn off at keypad , swop over the bell + and - of the bell , swop over the battery , you can now swop over the rest of the connections at your own pace …

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back