Bellbox

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all I recently opened my kitchen door without turning off the alarm,the siren on the keypad sounded but not the bellbox.The system is about 16 yrs old on the original battery,C&K Securitech keypad not sure about panel or bellbox origin.Any advice appreciated,Mick.

Sponsored Links
It's probably what they call 'two ply' whereby there's a delay between the internal and external siren on the entry door.

It's probably what they call 'two ply' whereby there's a delay between the internal and external siren on the entry door.
In other words, 30sec Entry delay, at 15secs Entry tone gets more urgent (hurry up, turn me off), at 30secs full alarm.

16yr old battery, you should be on your 4th, should be changed at least every 5yrs, sooner if found to be suspect when the system is (serviced?).

Sponsored Links
Hi Micky,

What I'd be tempted to do it to deliberately set your alarm off to test your external bell.

Set the alarm with someone in the house. After the alarm is set, get the person to move around in front of a detector or open a door (not on your entry route) The internal sounder should go off with the external sounder. Check that both are working correctly, if not you may have a faulty outside bell.

After 16 years you really should get it checked out fully. Like Europlex said, you should at least have you battery changed.

S.A.F.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back