belling cookcentre

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Help!

I have a family new year day meal and my belling cookcentre hob, 6 burners and hotplate isnt working. The ovens are working as gas supply coming through but the hob isnt. I turn on the control for the burners and no gas coming through. It has a glass top which when shut turns off the gas to the hob as a safety feature. The top is open and still no gas. The only thing i think it possibly could be is the timer display at the front is not illuminated which maybe be connected to the problem with the hob. The ignition is working as the ovens ignite and working on the hob ,but no gas coming through. any ideas anyone?? thankyou

Sponsored Links
airtours, good evening.

In a vane attempt to assist? given your time constraints.

Check that the glass lid when open has some sort of interlock a probe or something where the lid when open or closed dictates whether the gas is permitted to flow or not?

Suggest you look carefully at what type of device shuts of the gas supply when the glass lid is closed??

Sorry but not a lot to go on but? it may assist?

Ken.

Hi Ken

Thank you for yr post. We noticed when opening and closing the lid, one of the hob controls worked allowing gas to flow but then stopped working when the lid was raised again. This indicates probably a faulty lid sensor. We will attempt to remove the lid to access the Sensor. Appreciate your help. Happy new year !

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back