Belt sander??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Looking to prepare some walls I have paint stripped but there is still some very old paint on there which when you try and paint over you can se quite badly, also I have plastered some cable chases in too and its not flush, am I better getting a belt sander to it or lining paper?

Sponsored Links
lineing paper is easy to do and hides a lot of mess dont fix like wallpaper ie from top to bottom you have to fix horizontally that way you dont see the joins when you wallpaper over :p

if its that bad then the lumps and bumps will still show. Snad it down first, but if its a belt sander be very carful as they remove a lot very quickly, youd be better with an orbital

dolphinboy said:
lineing paper is easy to do and hides a lot of mess dont fix like wallpaper ie from top to bottom you have to fix horizontally that way you dont see the joins when you wallpaper over :p

If you are wallpapering over it, yes horizontally, otherwise (straight painting for example) put it up as normal - vertically.

Sponsored Links
Im going with thermo, i wouldnt touch a wall with a belt sander, an orbital or random orbit on slow speed would do a smmother job. Watch the dust though! :LOL:

This'll probably have someone screaming, but, I find putting lining paper on horizontally difficult, so I put it on vertically, making sure I stagger the wallpaper on top of it, so the joins don't coincide. I shall wait for the amateur wails now :LOL:

Eddie M said:
This'll probably have someone screaming, but, I find putting lining paper on horizontally difficult, so I put it on vertically, making sure I stagger the wallpaper on top of it, so the joins don't coincide.

Thats why lining paper and normal wallpaper are different widths, though I usually hang my lining paper horizontally unless painting over.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back