BEM 4000

My two penneth!!

It should not cost anything to convert a Condensing boiler to LPG beacuse in most cases it is just a matter of adjusting a few parameters in the set up mode, (which a commissioning engineer has to do in all cases anyway!!) ;)

Sponsored Links
look at remote control room stats that can be moniterd fron away to stop the building overheating /left on when not reqd etc

looks like I'm ignored again. :rolleyes: :mrgreen: Bit a luck I'm off on holiday in the morning :cool:

Thats not surprising when you were saying the boiler would not work on LPG which is just how its obviously installed.

Enjoy your holiday! Where are you going?

I work for a charity and we are currently looking to improve the efficiency of our Ideal Concord CX240 boiler to redice our LPG bills down from around £10k.

Andy

You gave the impression that you did not have lots of calital to spend.

My advice would be to fit the thermostats for about £100.

You could also have an hours meter added to the gas valve to show the running hours which are proportional to the gas use as the boiler operates at a fixed rate.

THEN after spending about £130 you can decide if you want to spend about £10k on all new boilers.

An interim solution could be to add a single new small boiler just to heat the hot water cylinder efficiently. That would perhaps cost about £1700 Running a large boiler to heat a cylinder is very inefficient.

Tony

Sponsored Links
Thats not surprising when you were saying the boiler would not work on LPG which is just how its obviously installed.

Enjoy your holiday! Where are you going?

Tony, I said the boiler is for natural gas only and I didn't think you could convert it.

That means either you can or it's been adapted somehow.

The holiday will expand as time goes so won't be posting much till at least Christmas if then. :cool:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back