Optimise Ideal Vogue System Boiler heating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Evening all,

I am trying to optimise my heating system at home but would like some help understanding the controls if anyone has good experience with Ideal boilers and specifically system boilers.

The efficiencies was terrible (23% according to the boiler) and it has been costing a lot in gas so I have been tweaking the way I use the boiler such as turning the flow temps down. My most recent addition is a weather compensator.

My question is, am I getting the best from the weather compensator using non Opentherm controls, or do I HAVE to use Opentherm controls for it to work best.

My current system is:
Ideal Vogue 32kw system boiler with weather compensation (Opentherm compatible)
300l unvented cylinder
Upstairs is all radiators on one circuit with programmable stat
Downstairs has two UFH circuits each with programmable stat and one radiator circuit with programmable stat.
All 4 heating stats are Heatmiser Neostat V2 wired.
Hot water cylinder is on its own timer and zoned off so when it calls for demand it bypasses the weather compensator and fires on full.

If anyone has good experience then I would be all ears.

Many thanks,

Mark.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back