Bendy Lintel

D

DIYDANDY

This sandstone lintel seems to be bending in the middle, is this a problem?

Sponsored Links
Even if it is, the one above it will be helping out. Have you put a level against it to make sure it's not an optical illusion?

Even if it is, the one above it will be helping out. Have you put a level against it to make sure it's not an optical illusion?

I put a straight edge on it, and it rocked.

It is on a property I have been working on (painting) for the past couple of days. The customer asked me what I thought. I said I would ask my contacts (that's you lot) :D and let her know what they said.

Ain't having contacts a blessing. :LOL:

Could probably do with replacing the missing bits on the corners. Looks as though the lintel above was original and the one below was put in to accomodate a wider window. Not going anywhere, I mean it's not a new build is it. :p

Sponsored Links
Could probably do with replacing the missing bits on the corners. Looks as though the lintel above was original and the one below was put in to accomodate a wider window. Not going anywhere, I mean it's not a new build is it. :p

Barn conversion.

Dont think ive ever seen a sandstone lintel bend. Think it would crack if you bent it more than a mill.

I wouldnt worry

Agree with Deluks, the missing stonework needs replacing particularly as the stuff above isn't bonded all that well.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back